Here are our ideas on how to mark International Translation Day on 30 September.
- Attend a face-to-face event: check the International Calendar of Events (ICE) for training and networking events taking place in your area.
- Attend an online event: also included in the International Calendar of Events - either leave the "city" search field empty, or choose "the cloud", "online" or "the internet" from the dropdown menu.
- Write a special blog post: see last week's round-up for inspiration.
- Replace your computer's background for the day: for example, with a picture of St. Jerome or Kumārajīva.
- Treat yourself: celebrate your profession's unique attributes with a funky translation-related gift.
- Get creative: create an clever mug or t-shirt of your own and treat a colleague.
- Send a card: translation agency WordAccent created a very attractive free e-card for distribution last year, so it might be worth watching their blog again this year.
- Send a friend, colleague or client a link to Mox's Blog. Nothing gets the message out about what we do like a little humour. (And why not "like" Mox's Facebook Page while you're at it :) )