Many translators have written about the history of St. Jerome. For example:
- Yours truly wrote a background piece on International Translation Day in 2007 which included information on St. Jerome (although sadly many of the links mentioned are no longer online).
- Jill Sommer wrote a detailed post on St. Jerome in 2008.
- Aquí un artículo con fecha 2008 sobre San Jerónimo para nos lectores hispanohablantes.
- Last year Transubstantiation added a write-up on St. Jerome (2010).
- Corinne McKay encouraged us to thank a terminologist in 2008 (theme: "Terminology: Words Matter").
- Barbara Jungwirth tied the 2010 theme in with immigrant groups in 2010 (theme: "Translation Quality for a Variety of Voices").
- Many translators write about an event they attend on International Translation Day. Translation Outpost published a nice post along those lines in 2009.
- The Tomedes blog linked it with industry news by reporting on Google's new machine translation offerings in 2009.
- Last year the Translation Guy shared his amusing perspective on the day (2010).
More ideas? Head over to our Facebook page and let us know.