eCPD Webinars is considering offering an unpaid work placement or internship.
You can be based anywhere in the world, and start and end dates are flexible. Ideally we'd like a commitment of 8 - 10 hours a week, but you would be welcome to do most of these hours at your convenience. We only ask that you're available once or twice a week between the hours of 09:30 and 12:30 GMT/ UTC for team meetings via Skype.
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic, open to using new technologies and willing to give things a go. You will need to be able to work independently and have access to a reasonably modern computer with a webcam, headset and speakers, an up-to-date installation of Skype and a reliable broadband internet connection.
What we can offer:
- Flexibility to work from home (or where-ever you like) and to set your own schedule.
- Flexible start and end dates: 2 weeks plus.
- Projects related to online marketing, content management (video, audio and text), event management, networking, web design, and more, depending on your background and interests.
- Training in our webinar platform, newsletter software, or other tools related to your placement with us.
- Experience working with a cross-border virtual team and communicating with experienced professional translators.
What we hope you'll get out of it:
- Acquire practical knowledge to apply to your career in the short and long term.
- Raise your profile amongst your peers.
- Participate in online seminars for professionals in the translation and interpreting field (maybe pick up some ideas about webinars in general, if that's not your area).
- Gain understanding of professional development as it relates to translation and interpreting.
- Learn more about key themes and players in the translation profession.
Some information about our company:
Launched in 2010, eCPD Webinars has run over 50 online seminars over the past 12 months under its own name. It has run many more on behalf of flagship bodies such as the UK's Institute of Translation and Interpreting, the American Translators Association, and the Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators.
eCPD Webinars is fast becoming the premier career development resource for translation and interpreting professionals. Over 500 professionals from 25 different countries have attended one of our online events over the past 12 months alone, including leaders and opinion makers from across the industry. Almost half of these have returned for more than one event, creating a uniquely engaged, global community.
eCPD Webinars is run by business partners Lucy Brooks in the UK and Sarah Dillon in Australia.
Please note that, given the nature of our business, this placement does not include any hands-on translation or interpreting work.
To apply, please send your CV and an expression of interest (including proposed start and end dates) to Sarah Dillon, Marketing and Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.