- Building a Website - The Basics: Everything you need to know to build your own website, from how and where to register a domain name, find a web host, decide on website content and design, increase traffic, and get found on Google. Based on my experience of creating my business and blogging websites. "Thank you Sarah, it was very helpful..." HK, webinar attendee.
- Building a Website - Demonstrations of 3 DIY Website Builders: We demonstrate three different website builders, taking you step-by-step through the process of launching your own website using each one. A great way to see for yourself which one is best for you. "Thank you so much for the slides and the webinar this morning, which was very interesting and easy to follow..." PT, webinar attendee.
- Translation Theory for Practitioners: Janet Fraser, experienced translator, editor and lecturer, explains key elements of translation theory and how to apply it to your everyday work. If you think translation theory is just for academics, this talk will convince you otherwise!""Excellent webinar ... look forward to reading more on the subject!" Phillippa Bennett, @pmbtranslations
- Subtitling and Subtitle translation: Marga Burke, experienced French, Italian > English subtitler, explains how spoken dialogue is converted to the written word, shares techniques on working within time and space constraints, demonstrates some of the software required and gives some great tips on how to get into this fascinating field.""Listening to eCPD webinar on subtitling - fascinating field and great resource." Andrew Bell, @andytrans
- Financial Planning for Freelancers: Alison Lane, an independant financial adviser in the UK, gives advice for freelancers on planning for retirement, ensuring sufficient income when business is slow or when in poor health (aimed primarily at freelancers in the UK)."Thank you... that was the best webinar I've attended to date. Clear and concise and interesting!" HB, webinar attendee
- Using Corpora in Translation: A team from the UK's University of Portsmouth explains how translators can use corpora to improve their translations. Includes a demonstration of how to quickly and easily build your own specialised corpus for day-to-day use. "Very interesting seminar indeed and I started my own medical corpus right away!" Sandrine Constant, @langagerie
Interested? Here's what you need to do:
- Email Lucy or Sarah and let us know which of three webinars above you'd like access to, and how you'd like to pay: Sterling cheque, bank transfer, credit card* or PayPal*.
- We'll issue you an invoice for GBP £40 (normal price: £60)*
- Send us payment by your preferred method.
- We'll send you the recordings and any handouts pronto. You'll have access to the recordings for 90 days.
* Updated 15/07/11: added an extra webinar and amend the processing fee.